BTL - The Director's Cut
Six short (20-40 minutes duration) LARPs for 4-6 players with varying science-fiction themes from dark cyberpunk and hard SF, through to Hitchikers-inspired comedy.
Complete scenario details for players (excluding character sheets) are available via the links below.
- Descent Into Oblivion Mal is dead. The crew of the Firefly wrestle with loss, regret, and life and death decisions in the face of the unknown.
- The Gig at the End of the Universe The universe is dying, and your drinks bill is getting larger by the minute. You’re here to talk to Hotblack Desiato about his next gig. Pity he’s dead - ’cause if he wasn’t you could give FREDDIE, the Sirius Cybernetics Corp’s Electronic Medium, the reprogramming it so thoroughly deserves.
- The Judgement of Solomon A courtroom drama with the fate of a child hanging in the balance. Romance, Guilt, Hubris and Corporate Greed with some moderately dark elements.
- Putting the Band Back Together After subduing the Great Houses of Europa, Emperor Saddam Wulfenbach holds court in his Zepplin Palace. His latest joy is the automata ‘The Drummer’; and those who can provide a match for it stand to gain much. Hopefuls have brought their musical creations to win his favour… but there is a problem; the Drummer is silent.
- To Live Forever The Omega Artifact has to go into the Warehouse; the military can’t be left to dabble with something that powerful. Doing so was always going to be tricky; but you didn’t expect it to go this pear-shaped.
- Waiting The Aliens are coming, the only question is how long you have left, and what to say before you face the end.
Originally written for the "Better Than Life" booth in Across the Universe, these have since been adapted for more general distribution with some ATU specific references being removed or altered, and several of the scenarios gaining small amounts of content and a longer expected run-time. One scenario which was more board-game than LARP was also removed.
These have also been relabelled as a "Bunch of Tiny Larps" to more clearly describe their current status while retaining the recognised acronym.
Each player will need to read and digest approx 1-2 sides of A4. All text is designed to be 'Dyslexic-friendly'.
We are endebted to the writers of Across the Universe for providing inspiration and a reason to bring these games into existence, and for then encouraging their re-use outside the confines of that game.